DEVELOPING WORLD FOCUS
ELI is committed to serving the neediest of Christian leaders who have had little formal training, resources, or prospect of attaining either. Therefore, ELI focuses most of its ministry in majority (developing) world nations.
FOSTERING RELATIONAL RESPECT
Our global partners do not work for ELI but rather we serve them so that they can be better equipped to do that which God has called them to do. ELI is careful to serve its clients by soliciting their input and being flexible in our approach. We also seek to be sensitive and responsive to the cultures, needs and priorities of those we serve.
ELI intentionally trains “faithful men” with the capacity and call to train others also. This leveraged approach results in exponential influence. (2 Timothy 2:2)
We equip and empower pastors and other strategic Christian leaders to reproduce a growing number of leaders who impact their communities and their cultures, e.g. family, church, education, workplace, etc.
ELI will do this through:
- Instruction – practical reproducible instruction in a Christ-centered biblical world-view, through a variety of venues including large conferences, smaller focused instructor training groups and individual mentoring. Instructional venues will include degree and non-degree level opportunities
- Resources – providing resources, e.g. practical instructional notes, written and electronic study materials, computer-based resources, etc.
- Partnerships – connecting national movements to strategic partners; such as Miami International Seminary, Ligonier Ministries, Third Millennium, Chalmers Center, etc.
- Mobilization – actively recruit an increasing number of staff instructors and self-funded short term teaching assistants
“And the things you have heard from me…these entrust to reliable men who can teach others also.”
2 Timothy 2:2
Statement of Faith
ELI holds to the general statement of faith articulated by the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability. We believe these general statements are more fully expressed in classic formulations of the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Heidelberg Catechism.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
- We believe that the Gospel is not only “the power of God unto salvation” but that it is also the power of God for sanctification. The more deeply we grasp the depth of God’s love as demonstrated at the cross, the more we will love God. The more we love God, the more we will live for his glory and honor.
Board of Trustees
ELI is governed by a strategic policy oriented Board of Trustees, i.e. a Board that thinks strategically, allowing future priorities to determine present decisions. It plans its work and works it plan to accomplish specific objectives effectively. The Board implements its policies through an Executive Director.
C. David Watson, JD
Senior Counsel for Reynolds Consumer Products
Donald Mountan, MDiv
Executive Director Emeritus, Equipping Leaders International, Inc.
Director, Senior Quantitative Finance Manager at Bank of America
Owner, Sales, Purchasing for Avodah Purchasing Group
Michael Hicks, MBA
Senior Consultant for Telecommunications Consulting Services
Clifford Montgomery, CFA
Owner and Portfolio Manager for Scotia Parters, LLC
Equipping Leaders International, Inc.
Vicki Kloosterhouse, PhD
Speaker, Trainer, Coach
Retired Sears Store Manager
Educator, Advocate for Under-resourced Schools
ELI rejoices that the LORD has effectively engaged many other organizations in the field of leadership development and delights to partner with them in the work of advancing the Kingdom of God on earth.
Advancing Native Ministries
MINTS – Miami International Seminary
Third Millennium Ministries
The Gospel Coalition
EFCA – Evangelical Counsel for Financial Accountability
CLA – Christian Leadership Alliance