DEVELOPING WORLD FOCUS
ELI is committed to serving Christian leaders who have had little formal training, resources, or prospect of attaining either. Therefore, we focus our ministry in developing world nations, typically in the global south.
FOSTERING RELATIONAL RESPECT
ELI recognizes that God has been building his Church long before our arrival in a particular country. We serve those whom God has called and engage them for wisdom and strategy for bringing gospel transformation.
ELI intentionally trains men and women with the capacity and call to train others. This leveraged approach results in exponential inﬂuence as nationals train nationals in some of the most remote places on earth.
TRANSFORMING COMMUNITIES HOLISTICALLY
The Gospel changes everything. ELI equips Christian leaders to think and live redemptively in all their realms of influence whether in the home, church, school, or business.
We equip and empower pastors and other strategic Christian leaders to reproduce a growing number of leaders who impact their communities and their cultures, e.g. family, church, education, workplace, etc.
ELI will do this through:
- Sound Contextual Instruction – Whether teaching pastors, educators, or business leaders, our goal is gospel transformation that begins with a clear exposition of the Word of God. We typically begin a work doing large group conferences while seeking out those nationals who are capable and called to train other leaders. We then transition our focus from large group conferences to equipping these trainers who can bypass the culture and language barriers and teach our courses to the least resourced.
- Reproducible Resources – Wherever our audiences are literate, we seek to provide a written version of the course in the local language. Furthermore, as those we train pass our courses on, we seek also to empower them to pass on these printed resources. For many, they will be the extent of their theological libraries.
- Strategic Partnerships – Our partners enrich our initiatives: They include Mission to the World, Third Millennium Ministries, Advancing Native Missions, Ligonier Ministries, Miami International Seminary, World Reformed Fellowship, Christian Leadership Alliance, and the Central FL Christian Chamber of Commerce.
- Global Mobilization – ELI is actively recruiting mature believers with the gift of teaching who have a heart for making disciples globally. It is our delight to connect them to serve the network of one of our National Movement Leaders. Instructional volunteers teach alongside one of our faculty members and many go on to serve as adjunct or even full-time faculty.
“And the things you have heard from me…these entrust to reliable men who can teach others also.”
2 Timothy 2:2
Statement of Faith
ELI holds to the general statement of faith articulated by the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability. We believe these general statements are more fully expressed in classic formulations of the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Heidelberg Catechism.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
- We believe that the Gospel is not only “the power of God unto salvation” but that it is also the power of God for sanctification. The more deeply we grasp the depth of God’s love as demonstrated at the cross, the more we will love God. The more we love God, the more we will live for his glory and honor.
Board of Trustees
ELI is governed by a strategic policy oriented Board of Trustees, i.e. a Board that thinks strategically, allowing future priorities to determine present decisions. It plans its work and works it plan to accomplish specific objectives effectively. The Board implements its policies through an Executive Director.
C. David Watson, JD
Senior Counsel for Reynolds Consumer Products
Donald Mountan, MDiv
Executive Director Emeritus, Equipping Leaders International, Inc.
Director, Senior Quantitative Finance Manager at Bank of America
Owner, Sales, Purchasing for Avodah Purchasing Group
Michael Hicks, MBA
Senior Consultant for Telecommunications Consulting Services
Clifford Montgomery, CFA
Owner and Portfolio Manager for Scotia Parters, LLC
Equipping Leaders International, Inc.
Retired Sears Store Manager
Educator, Advocate for Under-resourced Schools
ELI rejoices that the LORD has effectively engaged many other organizations in the field of leadership development and delights to partner with them in the work of advancing the Kingdom of God on earth.
Advancing Native Ministries
MINTS – Miami International Seminary
Third Millennium Ministries
The Gospel Coalition
EFCA – Evangelical Counsel for Financial Accountability
CLA – Christian Leadership Alliance